add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RTX 2070 SUPER and random games crash

el_zangra
  • 7 months ago

Hello! I bought an NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER FE and installed on my brand new pc.

This is the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/xvyXsY

The problem is: I play with a game, after 5, 15 or 20 minutes the game crash back to windows. No error messages. Nothing else, just the game close. Windows still run perfectly. The game freeze just for 1 or 2 seconds, and then just crash. - If the game is an Ubisoft one, the only message I have is "the game crashed, send a notification to ubisoft...". - With other games (Tomb Raider e.g.) I received and error speaking about updated GPU drivers.

This happens at the moment with all the game I tried to play (ac origins, the division, ghost recon, overwatch, shadow of mordor, tomb raider...). This happens at 1920x1080, at 2560×1440 and at 3840×2160.

I have monitored the CPU and GPU temps (via HWMONITOR) and the GPU never exceeds 70/75°C.

I have tried to install and reinstall the drivers a couple of time, but nothing: games keeps crashing.

I'm not overclocking.

Someone else have the same problem? Any idea about how to fix this?

Could be a solution?

I'm using this PSU: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tc3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss620gm2

It is possible that this PSU is not good enough, and due to the high "ripple" it will produce it could cause GPU failures under stress?

Could be a solution change the PSU with something "better"?

Or could be just a driver/software problem?

Help me please! :)

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree with koojo. I had the same issue when I first built my build with a RTX 2080 Founders Addition when playing games. I used the same app and removed all the display drivers and then reinstalled latest driver for my RTX2080 and I've not had any issues since and that was a year ago now.

Good Luck.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I have the same issue right now. I play Pubg or cs go and I freeze or crash with in 10-30 minutes. Pubg is faster. Check my temps and they are good. Gpu temps good. Cpu temps are okay. Not sure what’s happening. Spoke to nvidia support. Did DDU uninstall and reinstall. Put everything back to stock. And still freezes. Not sure if it’s my GPU component, drivers, cpu or whatever. I might return 2070 Super and just buy a new one to try it out.

Ryzen 7 3800x Nvidia rtx 2070 super Corsair rm750x Asus x570 f Corsair vengeance pro 4x8

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm in touch wit NVIDIA customer care at the moment. I had a doubt about my PSU, that is only 620W - and ordered a new 750W just to test, btw - but since I see that you have the very same problem with your 750W, I think it is the GPU itself to be broken.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/currymat/saved/#view=PRNskL

I am having the exact same issue. All of my parts appear to be an improvement compared to yours and the problem is still present. Would love an answer to this!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Asked NVIDIA for a RMA.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I fixed mine by running two separate VGA/PCIE cables from my power supply to my graphics card. Been awhile since I've built a computer and this is the first time I've had to do that.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The gpu Is connected to psu with 2 cables + fancy rainbow extensions. I tried without extensions too. Nothing. Seems like a gpu problem, at this point.

I'm waiting from NVIDIA a new gpu at the moment.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks koojo and Fleuger99. Too bad, I downloaded DDU and uninstalled and installed back the drivers, but the problem persists. I found that my bios is not updated, I will try later to update bios, re-install win10 and drivers (clean install) and I will cross my fingers :)

I have checked windows reliability monitor and found that the crashes were because a LiveKernelEvent code: 141. Drivers conflict, if I'm not mistaken.

At least seems that is not a PSU fault.

Let's hope.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube