add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Red light flashing under the chipset cover

_Jo_
  • 7 months ago

As the title says... I don’t know what this means. At first I thought it was like short circuiting so I moved it to the box and it is still happening. I made sure no metal is in contact and I also used a anti static wristband. What is going on??

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Turns out it was the psu had to get a new one

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

All components are brand new too Everything is plugged in all the way. I don’t know what to do.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You've posted under the wrong forum, this should be under "troubleshooting". What motherboard and CPU are you using? Can you post your parts list?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry about that...CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 RAM:Corsair vengeance 16gb MOTHERBOARD:gigabyte b450 aorus elite SSD: Samsung evo 1tb GPU: sapphire pulse rx 580. WIFI: ubit pci e. OTHER: Corsair ll120 3 pack rgb PSU: EVGA 650 g+

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Were you able to get a successful first POST? (BIOS screen?). Are your RAM sticks installed into A2 and B2 channels? Try using only one RAM stick at a time to see if anything changes. A BIOS update may be required depending on CPU compatibility.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

On the first try it just did the same flashing red light and my ram are in the correct spot. And I have tried the one ram only. I don’t know what’s going on....

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Is your CPU cooler plugged into CPU fan header or CPU Optional header? You'll find either of those at the top of your mobo between CPU and RAM channels. If your CPU doesn't detect any installed cooler it will protect itself by not turning on.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it is in the cpu fan header

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you checked that all power connectors from the power supply to the motherboard are seated correctly?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube