add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PWM Fans, Please help!!

n.bargas89
  • 7 months ago

So I am putting my first computer together and I’m having some questions about my PWM fan connections. I have a Be Quiet 801 case and it has a built in PCB panel. The manual says it has the ability to utilize the PWM feature, but the connectors on the pcb panel are all 3 pin connectors and the Be Quiet silent wings 3 pwm fans I bought are all 4 pin connectors... am I missing something here? Any advice or clarification on this would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to the manual, its on page 8. https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/1516

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

What they apparently mean is that the built-in fan controller (on the PCB) will accept a PWM signal from the motherboard and use it to drive a bunch of 3-pin fans. You can connect a 4-pin PWM fan to a standard 3-pin connection and it should work just like a DC fan.

So, you can either ignore the fan hub and connect your fans directly to headers on the motherboard, or you can hook them (or some of them) to the fan hub, the hub to one motherboard header, and they will run as if they were all connected to that header.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube