add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Driver Issue? Ryzen9 + Asus Tuf Gaming x-570.... Device Manager shows FOUR items with exclamation mark

ryangeek

7 months ago

Just finished build of my new Ryxen 9 3900x system on an Asus Tuf Gaming x-570 plus Wifi MB. FIrst boot went great as did Windows 10 Pro install. Everything is running nicely, except when I go to my Device Manager, I'm showing 4 (!!) items with no drivers:

• Other Devices

• PCI Device
    • PCI Device
    • PCI Device
    • PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller
  • Universal Serial Bus Controllers

• USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller

System: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jjt9sZ

Screenshot https://i.imgur.com/wVPXo7i.png

Suggestions of where to start?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Open each one of them (Properties), details tab, switch to hardware ids. Copy and paste the values here (if it has more than one, paste just the first, big one)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

PCI Device (First one): PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00

PCI Device (Second One): PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00

PCI Device (Third One): PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00

PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1ADA&SUBSYS_3FC11458&REV_A1

Interesting that all of the PCI Devices seem to have the same Hardware ID. Hoping @Jpereirafrsilva (or other) can help from here.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Download this last AMD Chipset Drivers (1.07.07.0725). Should fix your problems. If misses anything, try the second link below.

PCI Device2

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Wow! Totally fixed it! Thanks so much!!!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome! Enjoy your new system.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows fully updated? After the initial install you'll want to download all remaining windows patches to get things up-to-scratch!

It is also likely some of the additional functionality available on the newer 500 series boards saw later update-paths to incorporate a fully functional system. This is achieved by downloading the latest chipset driver for your board (from the board manufacturers website) or if that doesn't do the job, possibly updating BIOS.

Alternatively, if everything is working to your specification (all parts and peripherals added simply doing the job as intended), you could potentially overlook some of the inconsistencies for the time being as AMD will continue to drive through newer updates with their recently unleashed 500-series platform.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

xHCI is just a USB 3.0 (aka 3.1 Gen1 aka 3.2 Gen1) controller, which I would think winders would understand out of the box as it's hardly new. Do all the updates if you haven't already and see if they fix it.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

BIOS is completely up to date. As is Windows (v1903). Still having the same issue. Everything seems to work fine, but it's annoying seeing 4 things showing up as not installed correctly.

Not sure what else to do to further research the issue.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube