add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommended Keyboard

StevenGibbs86

3 months ago

Hi there

Having finished building my gaming PC, I am now updating my keyboard and mouse which at the moment is an amazon cheapy.

I have just bought the Logitech G502 Hero Wired Mouse and would now like to get a mechanical keyboard.

Any recommendations?

At the moment I have been considering the Hyper X Alloy Elite RGB.

Would like it to be full size as I need the number pad, ideally with a palm rest.

Never used mechanical so no idea on switches and nowhere close by that I can test them all out.

Being new to PC gaming I am still getting used to using the WASD keys for moving around so a way to light these keys up or different colour caps would be a bonus.

Budget is around £120.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Your best bet is to purchase a switch tester - you can buy them on Amazon for $10-$15. That will give you an idea of the feel and sound of different switches.

Once you decide on that, there are a wide range of keyboards to explore. Everything from mainstream, like Razer, Corsair, Logitech, etc, to the more esoteric, like Ducky, Vortex, Varmillo, etc.

The benefit of the brands like Ducky is that they generally use a standardized keycap size, so keycaps you purchase don't have to be brand specific to fit the keyboard.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube