add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Glorious Model O? and what about their Keyboards?

Lee79

4 months ago

So currently I am using a G502 mouse and G513 keyboard, and I love them.

Recently my mouse has bit the dust though and I am seeking a replacement. My son wants the Model O, and after reading some reviews, I am willing to give it a try. Let me rephrase: I am dying to own one.

But there is one problem, I am incapable of not having a matching keyboard. I know how stupid that is, but it is what it is :(

Has anyone used the Glorious GMMK? Thoughts?

And what about the mouse? how would you rate it compared to the G502? How it fits my hand is of way more concern to me than anything else, that is why I like the G502 so much.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I've used the GMMK for roughly 2 years now and I love it. I've used three different sets of switches and the ability to just pay 20-30 dollars to get an entirely new feel on my keyboard has been fantastic. I'm debating picking another one up. My only wish is that the full size had a removable cable like the other two versions.

I've also had two switches go bad on me. Being able to quickly pop the switch and replace it without needing to buy an entirely new keyboard or mess around with de-soldering and resoldering switches in place was a massive time saver.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I am definitely sold on the keyboard now. It makes perfect sense that if by chance I am not happy with the current set up I can change it. I was not really sure if I could buy switches after the initial purchase.

Do you have an opinion on the mouse by chance?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't used the mouse but gamers seem to be going wild over it. I prefer a heavy mouse with more buttons so it isn't really aimed at me.

One note about the keyboard, you can use any hotswap compatible switches with it and not just those that PCGR stocks which is nice. I've used BOX white, BOX pale blue, and currently using Box Navy thick clicks.

https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/switches

Just make sure to ask/double-check the specs to confirm hotswap and LED compatible.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube