add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Screen goes black

LORDVEGETA
  • 6 months ago

So while I'm gaming and only while I'm gaming my screen will turn black for like 3 to 5 Seconds, then flash green and come back on. All of my parts in my computer are new and replaced by myself. I think it's my TV, what do you guys think? I have a 65 inch LG UHD TV 4K. I don't think my computer is strong enough to run the screen. I play my games in a small Windows version that's about 40 to 45 inches of that screen. This TV is also brand new and an $800 TV. When I play on my old 32 or 42 inch TV I don't get this problem of the screen turning off and on. Only when I use my 65 inch TV. Should I have my TV fixed? Or is it because my computer isn't strong enough? I've also used multiple HDMI cables and swapped the HDMI cable to the three different HDMI ports on the TV. I have the warranty on the TV I just need some questions answered what are you guys I should do?

Here are my specs https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rz6JcY

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

It sound to more like an issue for playing games in a window more than anything else. For how much power it takes to drive any screen size does not matter, resolution does. An RX 580 has plenty of power to drive a 4K display.

What resolution are the games running in that window?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube