add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trying to boot for 1st time

kmkaz96
  • 6 months ago

Just gave the rig power for the first time. All components are there except for the GPU. CPU has integrated graphics so i figured id start downloading some stuff but when i hit the PSU on, i get lighting on the motherboard but absolutely nothing else shows signs of life. No fans, no lights on ram, no aio unit, no front panel lights. I know i did not plug in the usb3.0 header to the front panel but that probably doesn't matter.

Any ideas? Thx

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BJxMq4

Have been re-checking the connections, re-reading the mobo manual, and looking online for possible solutions but I cant find anything that fits the bill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The PSU switch will turn on the GPU and maybe an LED, but to actually turn on the whole thing you need to press the power button on the case. And, if that doesn't work, double check that the case switches are properly wired to the motherboard. (The case switches often have individual single-pin connectors in a bunch at the end of the cable, and it's easy to get them crossed up.)

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube