add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No signal when switching from hdmi to displayport

ryanrich811

6 months ago

I just got a new monitor that is 144hz and when I tried to connect to my pc their was no signal I’ve tried fixing the connections and unplugging pc and monitor but it did not work. I then tried to connect with an hdmi and this did not work as well as did not work on my old monitor, does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Try plugging in the HDMI to your motherboard or try a different GPU

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey Ryan,

(common mistake) Make sure you're connecting directly to the video outputs located at the back of the GPU and not the ones on the motherboards rear I/O panel.

With a 144hz panel, i'm assuming you have a discrete GPU at play - if not, what CPU are you running?

Your parts list would help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube