add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dead pc? Help if you can please

jofkicho

6 months ago

I'm already looking for new parts I just don't know which I need.. My guess is mobo but.. With my luck who knows it's probably mobo and psu. Anyway a few months back I had booting issues as in I could never post. It randomly worked after me taking it apart letting it sit for a day or two, but alas last night I put my pc in sleep mode and it seems like it's dead no power no nothing. Any ideas fellas..? Hell if you can think of a fix that'd be great but I highly doubt their is one. I've replugged everything, did cmos and the typical things people tell you to do when you make a post. Just wanted to save time in case people thought maybe I'd left something unplugged anyways... Thanks for the help in advance https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jofkicho/saved/YcLRJx

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The no post was an issue I had before, I actually swapped the power and reset pins and that's what helped it last time if I'm not mistaken. But this time my pc gets no power at all. I put it in sleep mode last night I wake up the mouse had led and that's all no keyboard or mobo lights not even a fan. So me being me I turn the pc off and try to reboot and that's when the pc started to not have any power at all. The paperclip test for psu works but I've read even if that happens it can still be the problem. Also yes I took the cmos out waited and nothing happened I'm hoping it's the psu and not mobo but yeah nothing. I did reseat Cpu as well. Also is there any reason you don't think it's my psu?

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well originally when the problem occurred I did have my gpu in but it hasn't been lately, my thoughts were having dual monitor setup with a Radeon rx480 8gb sapphire nitro+ would help drain power a bit..and I did try it with just the reset on the power pin no luck sadly. I was thinking when the original no post started for me.months back is when my psu started to fail because I'm a pc on 24/7 kinda guy and the system may be like two and a half years give or take so that with dual monitor and that gpu may very well have drained it. But no clue honestly thanks for all the help you've given me

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

So I just tried a brand spanking new mobo, and no luck, only light that comes on is the ethernet light. That being said it's more than likely psu correct?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Would it be wise to try the screwdriver pwrswitch trick?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube