add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Modest Intel Gaming Build - no signal on screen prpblem

randomTea
  • 6 months ago

So, it's the first time I've tried to build a PC, but as I completed it, the screen sait it had no signal. Tried with a VGA cable and with an HDMI, but it still didn't work. Checked and it seems like the fans are working: the graphic card's fan is running as well as the processor's one. I'm not very familiar with these kinds of stuff, so is there someone willing to help me find what is the problem? T - T (not very good with english, so please forgive me)

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you plug a video cable into the graphics card?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

As eesti inquires:

It's a common error - you might have connected the displays cable into the motherboards I/O panel instead of using the video output ports located on the GPU's rear. If this is correct, simply swap them over and see if that works.

Other quick checks:

• Remove the GPU and connect it back onto the motherboard, making sure it's a snug fit.

• double check the power cables which connect to the GPU. Remove and re-attach. If it's a modular unit, you might want to check the VGA connections on the PSU too.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Parts list also helps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube