add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build, No boot and no display, yellow light on Mobo.

Ripjaw94
  • 6 months ago

Hello all, this is my first Build so you can imagine how excited I was.

I have an Asus AMD Mobo, it the ROG Strix Crosshair VI Hero, no WiFi card. AMD Ryzen 7 2700x. DRAM is 2 sticks of G-Skill Trident Z RGB 8Gb. Nvidia Asus 2080 Rtx 8Gb 500Gb M.2 WD Blue(Already has my OS, Win 10) 3TB Seagate Barracuda(Already tested and works fine)

That's the bulk of my components. Everything in the case and turns on, fans and all RGB works once turned on but no display to my monitor and BIOS does not come on.

Yellow light on Mobo lights up with code of just 8.

I referred to my Mobo Manual and tried the basic troubleshooting steps but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I saved for a full year to get all my parts so this is very important to me. I have no more funds Budgeted to replace any parts.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Have You tried updating to a compatible BIOS version for that CPU.

The VI is X370 so it likely isn't compatible with the 2700X.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

How would I apply the update if I cant get into bios? Use a flash drive?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Flash drive with the BIOS version, use the USB port marked on the I/O shield, and pop the BIOS button on the back.

Edit: Make sure to stick with a stable BIOS version so BETA bugs are not an issue.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the pc need to be turned on to do this? And can I find the latest bios drivers on Asus's website?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the pc need to be turned on to do this?

Nope. Just need the flash drive and a power supply.

And can I find the latest bios drivers on Asus's website?

Yup.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_BIOS/

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

If this works I will love you forever, I dont know how I could miss something like this.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube