add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No display to monitor VGA and boot light on first build.

oliverdunbar96

6 months ago

My build: https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/cqjzbX I built my first pc about a week ago and I took all the antic static precautions and that as well as handling the CPU with care. Upon my first time trying to boot the pc I got no display while using the HDMI port on the Motherboard and every time I turn it on the VGA and Boot light stay on not sure if it's my cpu or mobo not having a built in VGA or my ssd. I am still waiting to purchase my GPu All the fan lights and mobo lights turn on as well as the aio pump PSU seems to be working fine however the fan only spins when I boot it up.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The processor has no built in graphics you must use a video card.

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

But is it normal for me to not get any display? I've ordered my Rx5700xt earlier today.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Very normal when your processor does not have integrated graphics when connecting to one of the motherboard's video ports. Your motherboard specifically requires an APU that has integrated graphics like Vega 8/Vega 11 if did NOT install a dedicated graphics card to one of your PCIx16 slot from the motherboard.

Until you retrieve your dedicated graphics card and install it with the required PCIE connectors (6+2 pins) and directly connect your video cable to the GPU and NOT the motherboard, you will have no video signal (no video detection at all) at this time.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for help but does not having a GPu have anything to do with the boot led staying on.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries but I don't quite understand on what you mean. If the LED is stopping at BOOT then its process has end it to there, assuming the hardware is still running and is waiting for a bootable device to load to. It doesn't change the fact that you won't be able to get far with the next step to do which is installing an OS between adjusting some settings within the BIOS/UEFI.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

So your saying that I can fix the boot problem inside the bios once I can see what I'm doing.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube