add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build Problems

myk1990

6 months ago

Hi all,

i have just completed my first build, took my time did not rush.

Specs -

Ryzen 3600 MSI b450 A Pro ( Flashed the bios for 3rd gen) Radeon 5700 Hyper x 3200mhz Ram 2 x 8gb sticks 500W Power supply modular.

The issue i am having is when the power is switched on, all fans start up and everything seems to be fine, CPU light on motherboard comes on for 2 seconds then goes off, followed after about 5 seconds by VGA for a second then boot for a spilt second then all lights go off.

I can not get a signal to the monitor at all, all fans seems to be running fine and everything sounds fine, have connected it with HDMI through graphics card and through motherboard and no luck.

Any ideas as i am about to pull my hair out

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

never mind after literally writing this post, plugging the HDMI into the GPU for one last try, boom the thing boots up lol

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Any ideas as i am about to pull my hair out

thank God for that! One less bald man to worry about lol

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

i was just about ready to give up for the night lol that one final push lol

I hit my next road block for this evening though as i need to find a way to connect it to the internet to get all the drivers etc installed but router is too far away for ethernet and its not recognizing the wireless network pci card i installed lol tried installing drivers from usb stick but no joy lol

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Re-seat the PCI card and double check the antenna (snugly screwed in)

You might want to connect via ethernet (temporarily - carry the build closer to the router), and download the latest chipset update for the motherboard (directly from the board manufacturers driver support page). Make sure Windows updates are complete. Ignore version 1903, as it's an adopters wager for now.

Also double check whether you have the correct OS-driver. If this is what you have: https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/PCEN10/ then you'll want to select "Windows 10 64-bit" (showing on your parts list) here https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/PCEN10/HelpDesk_Download/

.....download, install, restart the machine and see if it works.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube