add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Microphone was working properly then I installed Audacity and it's not?

PCHawk

6 months ago

I was wanting to save voice files in .wav format so I installed Audacity(from the real website) and now my microphone sounds bad. I don't know if this was the program's fault or I might have gotten spit into the microphone(but I doubt that). The reason I doubt that theory is because my other microphones were working until I tested them and It sounded bad.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

No that is not what is happening. I was in Windows Voice Recorder and my microphone was working properly. Then I installed Audacity and my microphone was completed mess up even when out of the program. Note: My headphones were connected to my PS4 controller and microphone connected to the pink port.

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Note: My PC is very good so I doubt that mine would require an older version.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RG7PD2

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I also figured out that when I installed Audacity it changed my microphone quality so I changed it back.

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

How do you uninstall it from sound settings, that is if it is in my sound settings in the first place? I think Audacity changed from my microphone to my headphone's microphone because I saw it in the sound settings. I would disable my headphone's microphone and enable my normal microphone and it wouldn't work. Then I tried making my headphone's microphone the default device and my normal microphone the default communication device. That only made my headphone's microphone the one I had to talk into. Additionally, before I plugged in my microphone my headphone's microphone sounded very good. Then I plugged in my normal microphone and that made my headphone's microphone sound terrible.

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

My microphone is into the pink port of my PC and my headphones plugged into my PS4 controller.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait I look at my microphone's box and it said that you need their adapter for PC. And I lost it. Sorry, for wasting your time.

[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I tested somethings and realized that my microphones only work when using a PS4 controller.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube