add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE

Enbiya
  • 6 months ago

Hello,

(What i'm about to say might make you think that i'm really stupid but my computer knowledge is not that big, so i'm sorry in advance )

So my pc has always been kinda bad or better said ''not meant for gaming'', after some thoughts I had the idea that maybe buying a GPU would make a difference, I bought the 1050 ti but literally NOTHING changed, I upgraded my ram from 4 to 8 hoping maybe that would be the missing key to my solution but still nothing. I'm very confused as in why my pc didn't change at all after putting a GPU in my pc (it didn't have one before) and upgrading the RAM. For example I cant run certain games, which I thought I would be able to after buying a GPU but I was wrong, because I cant run the games after exiting them my pc still needs a few mins to recover, ctrl alt delete takes 10 years to show up, cant alt tab when im in game, this kinda stuff just SLOW in general.

Here are my specs: https://imgur.com/gallery/MkJQ070

(If you need more things to know why or what I'm missing, please let me know, I didnt know where else to ask for help so I just came to pcpartpicker)

WHAT AM I MISSING OR WHATS BAD WHICH CAUSES MY PC TO NOT CHANGE AND STILL BE HORRIBLE -- Enbiya

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 3 points

Okay so the only thing your hard drive would affect in gaming is load times. It is also likely the reason ctrl-alt-del takes a while to show up. For gaming, make sure your video cable is plugged into your GPU. NOT your motherboard. If it is plugged into your motherboard then that would account for the lack of change in your gaming performance.

Another thing is drivers. If the video cable is plugged into your GPU as it should be, then see if you have up to date drivers. Your CPU and GPU are a decent combo, especially for 1080p gaming or below.

I would recommend getting a small SSD for cheap and using that for windows. It would drastically speed up your computer. And just use the HDD for large programs like games.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

The 4460 is still a decent CPU. I would say, due to your complaints about loading times and general slowness, your main problem is with that hard disk drive. Try a solid-state drive and see if that improves your user experience.

Also, you mentioned no effect on gaming performance with the new graphics card. Is your monitor connected to your graphics card or your motherboard?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't make duplicate posts, please.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

• 6 months ago
  • 0 points

Your CPU is 5 years old, and your hard drive is slow. Upgrade those two, and your problems should be mostly gone. However, a CPU upgrade requires a motherboard and CPU cooler upgrade, so be careful with your new selections.

• 6 months ago
  • 3 points

A CPU upgrade does not necessarily need a motherboard upgrade. An i7 on that platform can be found for a decent price and are still capable. Even the CPU listed is still capable of 1080p. Heck the older 2000 series i5s are still fine for 1080p.

But a cooler upgrade and an SSD would be huge.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, 4770s run for about $130-150

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube