add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Newly built computer has red led for vga and boot please help

Squarely

6 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6HysRJ

So I couldn’t add some parts I have a regular mechanical hard drive And some Corsair fans 120mm cooler is the stock wrath cooler that comes with the 5 3600.

When I boot up the pc everything turns on fans are spinning including the graphics card fans. My mother board flashes red led lights for the CPU,RAM for about two to three seconds then they stay off but my vga and boot lights stay lit red and nothing shows up on my monitor I’ve tried using a hdmi to the graphics card but nothing shows I’ve even tried connecting the Dp instead of the hdmi and still nothing. I also removed the graphics card and put it back in to make sure it was set right same thing with the ram I’ve made sure the ram is set in the right spots also. Last thing I’ve tried is unplugging my 24 pin connection and reconnecting it and still nothing. I also did all these steps with the power unplugged

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the 8 pin cpu connected correctly? Check and confirm this.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes so this morning I unplugged everything took out the graphics card again unplugged the fans, 24 pin, cpu 8 pin, and usb. Also unplugged everything from the psu and reconnected it. Only thing I haven’t touched is the cpu but I’m sure I set it right it’s kinda hard to put it in wrong lol I’ve tested my monitor too it works with my Xbox

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay so update I’ve removed the CPU and no bent pins only thing I can think of is maybe I just got a bad mother board ?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like it yeah. If it was a single light I would be more incline to thing something isnt plugged in right, but the fact that both cpu and ram lights come on I feel suggests a more sinister issue with the motherboard. Last thing to check would be the motherboard is correctly seated on the stands... is it possible something is shorting the case/motherboard?

Best of luck

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Most likely the mother board called amazon and they said they shipped a like new mother board when it was supposed to be new ! New one comes in Wednesday hopefully that’s the issue

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool bro - post an update one it arrives and let us know how you get on

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube