add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Stuck on Asus logo screen

min17gl0
  • 6 months ago

Hi I just built a new pc using the parts down below Asus prime b450m-a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Corsair vengeance 2x8 3200 mhz Msi armor rx 580 Adata 128 GB ssd Seagate barracuda 2tb hdd Evga 600w 80plus bronze psu Nzxt h500

Everything works the motherboard lights up and the fans are spinning and I have display. However I cannot get pass the asus logo screen so I cant even get into bios or install windows. I tried clearing the cmos, booting with one ram, and checked the hardware twice. What might be the problem?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Shut down and restart....keep hitting DEL/F2 until BIOS opens up.

Or F8 for the boot options (providing you have Windows installation media already connected up)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I do have the windows usb drive I got from buying windows 10. What do I pick. There is uefi: usb flash disk 1100, partition 1 and usb flash disk 1100.(sorry I'm very new to this whole pc building/software)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Pick: usb flash disk 1100

Make sure your ADATA SSD is connected before proceeding.

EDIT: Also keep the hard disk disconnected for now. After the window install is complete on the SSD, then connect the HD

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay I got my windows installed page up and I was installing windows to the ssd and I went to go eat. I came back just to fine out that it went back to the asus logo screen and now pressing f2 wo t even get me into bios

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you get it sorted?

If the F2/F8 options are not working, you might want to check your RAM to see if the module/s are correctly installed.

If the problem persists, clear CMOS and give that a shot.

If you get into BIOS at any point, set the BIOS config to default to iron out any tweaked settings.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

So it was a simple fix. Turns out my cpu was just defective so I got a new one and it works now

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube