add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What cable to use to connect X-Box 360 controller to PC

PavelMan

10 days ago

Hello,

If I don't have the original cable that comes with the X-Box 360 controller, which other cable could I use to connect the X-Box 360 controller to my pc? Is it a very specific cable that only comes with the X-Box or is there other cable I could use?

Comments

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

no other cable. get another off amazon or something. if you actually want to use the controller to play, then you either need a wired one, or a plugin device that connects wireless ones

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

If all else fails there is a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for windows, both wired and wireless. I use the wireless one with my Steam games and love it, however it goes through a lot of AA batteries.

• 5 days ago
  • 2 points

I got myself an XBOX One controller off amazon back in march for my PC. Though you are right having to go through AA batteries is lame but luckily you can easily get rechargeable battery packs for them. I got myself this battery pack as I only got myself a single controller and it came with a massively long USB cable (10' or longer, didn't measure) that will allow me to charge it while in use in case the battery dies while gaming. We are human after all so forgetting to charge the controller is something that can happen lol.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Oh sweet! Good find and thanks for the tip! I'll have to grab one of those.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube