add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

VCE Subject selection

TheGamingBible

9 days ago

Yeah probably not the best place to ask but who knows how many on here might actually be able to help. Currently my VCE subject selections are as follows; Legal Studies, Economics, General Maths, philosophy and Australian / Global politics. I think these are the best for me as I hope to get into federal level policing but let me know if you have any dire warnings for very boring subjects.

Comments

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

As a american mind explaining what VCE is?

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

So in Victoria, Australia your final year of assesment contains VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) and provides you with a number score. This score is called an ATAR and shows you how you did accross all your subjects. A high ATAR score means you can usually get into better universities but sometimes the University course requires a pre-requisite meaning you have to have done subject 'x' in school. Every Australian state has their own VCE equivilent which makes ATAR universal in Australia. This is probably the most basic explanation I could do.

• 8 days ago
  • 2 points

ATAR might be equivalent or similar to the U.S. SAT/ACT scores by the sounds of it.

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

maths and economics are a good combo, with maths helping in economics, not masses, but it will help. other than that, common sense seems to prevail in your choices, they sound logical.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube