add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my RX 580 Dead? [New Build]

Guspac88
  • 6 months ago

I recently built a new PC with a 2600X and RX 580. Motherboard is an ASROCK B450M-HDV. I’m not getting any signal on my monitor with the 580. Tried both HDMI and DVI outputs. I plugged in an R9 380 and the system runs fine. I tried the RX 580 in another system and that system had the same issue, no signal to the monitor. Should I return the GPU, or is there anything left to check?

Attempted solutions: -Reseat GPU

-Boot with 1 stick of RAM

-Run System with R9 380 (WORKED)

-Run RX 380 in another system (SAME PROBLEM)

-Try alternative GPU ports

-Try another monitor

-Disconnect everything but monitor and power supply

Thank you for any suggestions or advice, it’s much appreciated!

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Probs return it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube