add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trying to fix my pc*More detailed post*

jofkicho
  • 6 months ago

So originally I had problems occurring in my pc that happened to me out of nowhere, but what happened was that my pc just randomly shut off on me one night while I was sleeping. I woke up that day and my pc had full power but would NOT stay powered on, and it looped. A few days after that, the pc just started working after I took it out of the case and uninstalled the gpu. I had to bread board if I even wanted to play a game or watch a video. I've been doing so since, money was tight for a while in my home up until now I couldn't really get parts... Anyways what's happening now is around 2 or months after the first problem occurred. I've been using my i5 7500 igpu to play league of legends and watch videos that's all. But the problem now is I get power for like a second and that's all. I've replaced my old psu, I've gotten two new motherboards and a new stick of ram. My old psu seems powerless (doesn't work with the new mobo or old) my old mobo seems lifeless as well (it used to have an orange strip of light when getting power it does that with neither psu new or old) and swapping ram is doing literally nothing it still only stays on for a second even without ram in.

What I've done so far is replace psu, mobo (2 times) and ram. I've checked all wires multiple times all are on there firmly (none too tight) I've cleared cmos, I've left the battery out for 30 mins and drained he power, I've tried swapping the reset switch for the pwr switch. I've used the bare minimum parts to post a pc and I get nothing. I've tried literally about everything. Except try a new cpu. Which everyone keeps saying it shouldn't be even after all of that.. Any thoughts? I'm trying to get my pc on fast so quick replies are welcomed! I'm pretty much on this site 24/7 until my pc is fixed lol (Thanks all in advance)

Current build : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xjn9xG

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube