add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Am I going to destroy my pc

ClawedFungus785
  • 6 months ago

First build. Using b450 mobo and r5 3400g, I built it hoping it shipped with updated bios. The pc booted, detected my cpu but the bios were supposed to be too old to work with 3rd gen ryzen. Installed windows and only then realized that it wasn’t using the integrated graphics and my monitor was capped at 1hz. I can still use the pc though so would it be safe to update drivers and bios on it or would I risk breaking it because the pc isn’t using any sort of graphics unit?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

update drivers ASAP

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube