• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

mynameisjake 60 months ago

I was wondering, I have a 3.5Ghz 4770K. If I were to use the stock cooler to overclock, will I get 4.5-5Ghz? What about with the Hyper 212EVO? Will I get 4.5-5Ghz?

Comments Sorted by:

Lovroman 1 point 60 months ago

Probably(but your PC would most likely shut down as temps would go over 90° Celsius)..It depends on how "good" your chip is, too(someone might be able to get 4.3 Ghz with his 4770K, while you might be able to get 4.5 Ghz with your 4770K).

I can't tell you what exact temps you will have, as it depends on voltage which will be needed to keep the CPU stable.

The 212 EVO should be good enough if you get a "normal" chip(which doesn't eat too much volts) at 4.5.

cooperred 2 Builds 1 point 60 months ago

If you use the stock cooler, even if you have a golden chip, you're not getting 4.5-5 Ghz. 5 Ghz is already pretty hard even with a custom water loop. With a hyper 212 evo, depending on how lucky you get on the silicon lottery, you could hit 4.5Ghz

Oliver 5 Builds 1 point 60 months ago

I wouldn't hope for anything past 4.8 with the evo.

Hellvaguy 1 Build 1 point 60 months ago

Stock cooler is barely adequate for normal operation (in most circles here it isn't even acceptable to do that), so forget OCing with the stock fan.