add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommendations for an Engineering Laptop

DrRobin

3 months ago

I'm currently looking for a laptop that I can use in my engineering major, but I'm not as involved in the laptop industry, so I'm not sure what are some good options. Here are my requirements for the laptop, but feel free to bend as necessary: Less than $1200, Intel i7 CPU, 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB of HDD Storage / Some amount of SSD Storage, GPU in the GTX1050/1060 Range

And that's about it. Thank you, any recommendations and insights are appreciated!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

A good bang for the buck with your wishlist is the new Lenovo IdeaPad L340 17" Gaming - with the -current sale you could configure it with a 9th gen core i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe + 1TB 5400rpm HDD, GTX 1050, 1080 FHD IPS panel, windows 10 and a 45Wh battery for $999 with the sale coupon.

Dell has a similar offering with the G3 15" gaming, i7-9750h, 16GB DDR4, 256 NVMe + 1TB 5400rpm HDD, GTX 1650, 15Wh battery for $1030. I think it has better USB offerings than the Lenovo and a top rated keyboard.

Top of the budget $1120 - Lenovo Legion Y540 15" i7-9750H, 16GB, 256gb ssd + 1TB 7200RPm HDD, GTX 1660 Ti, 15.6" FHD IPS antiglare panel.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

gonna have to reccomend the legion Y540

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the recommendation, honestly I'm very interested in the Y540 now.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube