add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU cooler touching ram. How big of a problem is this?

fattyguyriley

5 months ago

So one of the pipes on my la grand rt is touch the heat spreader on one of the ram sticks. It’s pushing on it a tiny bit. Enough to very slightly flex the ram over. Like maybe a mm at the top. Should I be concerned about this? If I flip the direction of the cooler it it’s the heat spreader thing that covers the i/o shield on the z390-I motherboard. I don’t know if maybe taking that of is a better idea?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If it was my PC I'd replace the cooler with one with a design that didn't get in the way of the RAM. Either a cooler which had a smaller / different shaped heat sink or go down the AIO route. I wouldn't be happy leaving it pressing on the RAM.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Turns out won’t work anyways. The fan wouldn’t fit in that configuration.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube