add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No Monitor Connection or Case Fan Activity

dziendobry
  • 6 months ago

Hi,

I’ve taken the leap and attempted my first build. When I turn it on, the mobu lit up and the CPU and graphics card fans are spinning. However, the case fans aren’t, and the monitor appears to have no connection. There’s one HDMI port in back with Motherboard, and one with GPU, and I’ve tried both of these. Not sure if this is a common problem or not, but hoped to get some advice! Thanks!

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Check your 8-pin and 24-pin motherboard connectors and see if they are loose.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey! Thanks for the tips. I now have monitor working thanks to a new hdmi cable. However, the fans that came with my case still are not working. Seem to have everything working but those. Some have suggested changing the little round battery near the gpu, but is that really a possibility?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

It might be a possibility. Those CR2032 batteries are very common and are very cheap, so trying that out wouldn't hurt.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Another possibility is that the fan curve in the BIOS has those case fan header(s) set to "off". Next time you boot up, press the key to get into the BIOS and check out the fan settings.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube