add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

False compatability

ZenithTheCat
  • 6 months ago

I just got my psu in but the website suddenly says that its not compatible. it didn't say that the first time but now today it saying it is, and its already been shipped here.

it has one ATX 24pin cable one 8pin (4+4) EPS/ATX12V cable four PCIe connectors (6+2) nine sata connectors four 4pin peripheral connectors and one floppy drive adaptor, 4pin

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F4wY6s

can anyone explain why its now saying this isn't compatible? should I get the psu replaced or can I simply buy some modular cables for it?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

We recently added another compatibility check to the site that compares the number of 8pin EPS cables and 4pin ATX cables to the connector count on the motherboard. While the system will function with only the 8pin EPS, should you try for higher overclocks or overvolts on your system you may run into stability issues.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube