add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A future build problem

CaptainVHS
  • 5 months ago

Hey, I have a question about my build, I've got an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and the motherboard I'm using with it is a Gigabyte A320M-S2H AM4 motherboard. Now I'm not sure if the bios was already flashed when I had bought it (I bought it off amazon not used) But I was wondering if I wouldn't need to update the BIOS right away if I had just plugged in my video from my graphics card ( It's an RX 570 8GB one if that helps too) Will my motherboard work with the AMD Ryzen 3 2200G without needing a BIOS update if I can just plug in my graphics card?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

No, you will have to update the BIOS first. The problem is with the CPU not the graphics card. Without the BIOS update, your MOBO won't recognize the CPU. You can check with Amazon to see if it was updated, but I'm thinking probably not. You will need to borrow a Ryzen 1000 series from a friend or get a loaner CPU from AMD. Here is the link for that:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I appreciate the help ^

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, on the amazon page it says that they had updated the BIOS on the motherboard but I honestly kind of doubt it :/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube