add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Graphics card not detecting ive tried like everything

Itz_Nolzii

5 months ago

so back in march i decided to drop console gaming and build a pc. i spent about 2 months researching options as i was on a low budget that i could not break. After a while of gaming on this build i decided i wanted to drop in a graphics card i ended up finding the same card thats in the build list below for a really good price. i determined my original 450w psu would be cutting it a little too close so i upgraded to a 650w before dropping in the card. On boot with the card installed i get the VGA EZ Bug light thats on my motherboard that indicates a fail to detect a graphics card and i get no output to my monitor at all however, if i pull the card and reboot my igpu takes over just fine. I have the current up to date BIOS and drivers for the board, ive pulled ram and tried to get it to boot that way ive breadboarded the entire thing only having one stick of ram my cpu and graphics card in and still nothing, ive tried the 450w and cables just as a last ditch effort and still nothing ive tried both PCIe slots and both 6+2 connectors. ive put a empty hard drive in and tried to boot like it was a brand new build and still nothing im at a loss and am fearing ive bought a rx580 paper weight please help.

This is the current build as of typing this as i said i originally was using the integrated graphics so no previous card and i had a 450w psu https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Itz_Nolzii/saved/#view=QNwFGX

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Gpu powers up as the lights come on and fans spin just doesnt output it is not a brand new card though no signs of significant use it apears like-new I tried changing my bios to ignore the igpu and only use PCIe for graphics which did not work either default setting for b450 was auto for that setting.

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

monitor works perfectly fine when i switch back to the integrated graphics and i've tried 3 different cables 2 from the brand new 650w PSU and one from the original PSU

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube