add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best CPU for light web browsing and media consumption.

gammin1234

68 months ago

Hello, I am making a computer for light web browsing and media consumption and was wondering what would be better for that task a AMD FX-6300 with Radeon Integrated HD 3000 graphics or an AMD A10-5800K with integrated Radeon HD 7660D Graphics? Thanks in advance for your help. Edit Going with A10 because the integrated graphics may give slightly better media playback. Choosing between these CPUs because I don't want a slow computer that he will have to replace next year, I want something that will last a while and still not get bogged down. Thanks for all your comments.

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you only want to choose between those 2 cpus? Because really the cheapest apu or haswell will do this just fine.

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points

Get the A10-5800K, the fx-6300 does not come with integrated graphics.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

But the mobo I'm looking at for the fx-6300 does come with integrated graphics, my mistake for not putting that in the description.

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points

The HD 7660D graphics that come with the A10 are going to outperform any mobo integrated graphics. If you get some fast ram (2133mhz-ish)you can do some gaming with the A10 too.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not really looking for gaming I'm looking for web browsing and video watching speed. This is going to be a computer for my grandparents and I am looking for a cpu to last them while and I would like the graphics good enough for watching web videos. Thanks for your suggestion but I don't think my grandparents are going to be doing too much gaming!

• 68 months ago
  • 2 points

His point still stands, the A10 has better graphics than the mobo's integrated. Honestly, for web browsing and watching videos, you could go with an Athlon and it'd be fine. Pick whichever's cheaper.

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points

I'd still recommend the A10.

• 68 months ago
  • -2 points

If your going to spend over $100 on 2100 ram, at that point a gpu card would be a far better upgrade for gaming.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

You might want to check pricing before you post next time, 8Gb 2133mhz memory kits are only 10 bucks more than 1600mhz ram.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f32133c9d8gxl

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/pny-memory-md8192kd31600x9 (this was the cheapest 1600mhz ram I could find.

• 68 months ago
  • -1 points

Latency, brand, and sale prices ($10 off sale price of the ram you "conveniently" picked out) also affects the final price, so your price comparison wasn't that accurate. But, I did think the price was bigger than what it was, so I gotta give ya some credit there.

But the bigger point is, if this guy wants more than just web browsing and flash games, instead of half-assing it, a GPU is a far better way to go for even such things as media consumption. I'd recommend thinking about getting a 750ti ($120-150) or a 260 gpu.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube