add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Random restarts when gaming - TS PL1 yellow

Mydragonsfly
  • 5 months ago

Previous issue: BDPROCHOT. Might be worth reading for a bit of backstory.

After solving this I ended up taking my desktop to a computer shop to get the PSU checked out. Both the 12 and 5-volt rails were stable with no unusual fluctuations. I then took it over to a friends house for some diagnosis. Everything seemed to run fine with no problems so I took it back home and played for a few days without issue.

Now we're back in the same loop where I'm playing, then the desktop abruptly restarts with no BSOD. Windows Event Log shows the usual kernel error where the PC didn't shut off as expected. Throttlestops monitoring isn't showing voltage (<100w) nor temperatures (<65c) being an issue.

Throttlestop does show an indicator under the Core section, PL1 is shown in solid yellow.

BDPROCHOT is unticked in Throttlestop and Intel thermal monitoring or regulator (whatever) is disabled in the BIOS. Additionally, all TS and BIOS settings are factory default.

Additionally, a memory test I did prior to taking my desktop to the shop which I didn't mentioned in the above-linked topic revealed no problems with the RAM.

If it's an issue specific to this PSU, it would be hard to diagnose since I don't have any other unit on hand to test with. Haven't done any other troubleshooting steps which I'm not looking forward to, that will be done tomorrow. I'm just wondering if any of you guys can come up with anything that I don't yet know of.

I really thought this was behind me and that I could put off that 3700x for next year... :J

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube