add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My brand new build turns on, but my monitor says no signal.

usersmuser
  • 5 months ago

My cpu is the Ryzen 3700x, but it's incompatible with my mobo until the bios is updated so I have installed a AMD Athlon 200GE temporarily. The PC turns on and everything works, there is no EZ Debug LED on, but my monitor is saying no signal.

I know it's not the monitor because it displays my laptop through the hdmi cord. That also rules out my hdmi cord.

I have gone through this troubleshooting list except for the part about the speaker because I don't have one. The HD Audio port is broken on my case so I couldn't hear beeps if they were to go off.

What's wrong with my pc?!

This is the build I'm working with:

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon 200GE 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor $55.50 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $82.99 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $77.95 @ Amazon
Storage Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 570 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card $157.50 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design Meshify C Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case $88.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $98.97 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $621.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-03 20:03 EDT-0400

This is the build I want to get to:

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $327.89 @ B&H
Motherboard MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $82.99 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $77.95 @ Amazon
Storage Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 570 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card $157.50 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design Meshify C Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case $88.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $98.97 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $894.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-03 20:02 EDT-0400

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Suggestion #17 has a picture of the case speaker and it usually costs $5 on amazon. These are invaluable when it comes to troubleshooting a problem. The case speaker has nothing to do with the Integrated Audio ports. This is a separate speaker that usually plugs into a 4-pin header that's near where you plug in the case headers.

I take it you tried the Integrated Graphics port? What were the results when you tried the iGPU. The dedicated card will need to be physically uninstalled for the iGPU to work.

Have you contacted MSI about your issue? It looks like you're at the point of either returning the board or calling MSI.

With these service issues, you will need to call them, don't email MSI unless it's for the purpose of creating a support ticket.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll order a case speaker. I tried the iGPU with the card uninstalled to no avail. I've been at this for hours so I'm taking a break for the night but I will call them first thing tomorrow.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Before you try using the beep speaker, you'll need to find out the beep codes that are unique to MSI motherboards. For the most part, a successful boot is one short beep with most motherboard brands. No beep at all means the BIOS isn't initializing.

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you! updated.

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!! I'm calling MSI tomorrow and gonna see where to go from there.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube