add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Keyboard Replacement Help!

JoTheThot

2 months ago

So currently I have a Razer Black Widow Chroma v2 with Razer Greens that my amazing friend gave me for free. I like the feel of the keyboard, but its too big and rather loud to say the least. I was wondering if there are any better options in preferably the 100$ range on Amazon (I have a bunch of amazon giftcards to spend)? Ive been looking at the FNATIC mini-streak with Cherry MX Red Silents, but I was wondering if anyone had any better suggestions? Also, I'd preffer if it was a standard keyboard without weird proprietary keys (Razer, Corsair, etc).

Here is the aforementioned FNATIC Mini-Streak: https://www.amazon.com/Fnatic-miniSTREAK-Mechanical-Multi-Color-Programmable/dp/B07CHL1N46/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fnatic+ministreak&qid=1567697423&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The keys should be standard MX-stem compatibles

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s not what I meant, I was asking for some keyboard recommendations.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

You into those keyboards where you can configure stuff through a companion program?

Or are you interested in just getting a keyboard with MX switches in general?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

More so just a reliable rgb keyboard that feels nice and is quiet. I was just wondering if anyone had any better suggestions.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Let me start by saying that I was using the originals back in the day. then over the years played with all the various builds . I am amused that we have come full circle . back to where I started but now they sell them for $250 LMAO I have 2 1 is for MMO, video conference etc... which I know your not interested in the other is similar to the red dragon series. I could not believe that I would like a $29 kb I am a big guy with big hands and need a solid kb https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q9Y22TY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 who knows maybe you too will find that you dont have to spend a fortune to get something good

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Blue switches would be much louder than Razer Greens and one of OP's main reason to switch is noise.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah your are right about that . That will teach me to try an answer late at night rather loud to say the least Thanks little brother

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube