add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Angel6559

5 months ago

So I built my PC and everything fit together perfectly. But when I turn it on, the fans, lights and everything turn on besides the monitor. Everything seems to work besides the boot. I'm not sure exactly what else to do. A friend told me it may an incompatibility issue, or that the bios might not be updated to use the CPU or GPU. But I'm fairly new to PC building so I'm a bit lost. My part list is: Asus Prime x570 Motherboard Ryzen 5 3600 CPU MSI Radeon RX 5700 Corsair Vengeance 2 8GB RAM EVGA Supernova 750 G3 PSU NZXT H500i Case Edit: I have a friend who lent me a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU to try out but it didn't work. And I also had another friend let me use a Geoforce GTX 1060 to replace the GPU to no avail.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The parts are fine. Maybe try a different cable to your monitor? Also, is your monitor connected to your gpu and not motherboard.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I did, I tried a different monitor and a different cable. At first I had it connected to the motherboard but I switched it to the GPU and it still hasn't changed.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe reinstall your ram? And make sure they’re in the right place?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I originally placed them in to A2 and B2 iirc.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure your monitor cable is plugged into your GPU and not your motherboard. It will be the port that is closest to the bottom of your case where the GPU sticks out.

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I can certainly try that. I'm not too sure what debug LED's are, but I'm assuming they're the little lights tagged with CPU, VGA, RAM and BOOT? If so, then the light saying RAM is lit up on my motherboard when it's on. There are no beeps when turning on, it's silent.

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks, I'll make sure to try it ASAP. Just for future reference, the debug LED's essentially entail a problem?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The Ram LED can light up even if the memory is actually good, meaning a problem with the motherboard or memory controller.

If you read the user reviews on those Asus boards a lot have memory issues. Try one stick at a time in each slot.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube