add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any tips for getting into cyber security?

Burrado

9 days ago

So, I've had my fair share of malware and virus encounters. I've gotten good at fixing issues involving them because of it. I just want to know what I'm in for if I actually consider going into cyber security. Any tips?

Comments

• 5 days ago
  • 3 points

The first thing is an educational foundation in technology. Most info security jobs require strict certification guidelines. Entry level positions are few and far between and still require many years of experience in some sort of IT field and usually having network experience is a must!

• 9 days ago
  • 2 points

It has nothing to do with what you described. Not in the same ball park and I couldn't even call it the same game.

You need to figure out what you want do before you can get tips and what not, its a very broad field.

https://www.learnhowtobecome.org/computer-careers/cyber-security/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube