add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2600X CPU cooler replacement

livewire222

9 days ago

Hey guys,

So the CPU cooler that came with the 2600X is SO loud. It sounds like a jet engine under load. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced 3rd party cooler that won't be so loud? Thanks.

Comments

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Take a look at these three CPU coolers from GAMMAXX

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/hJFPxr,MFJtt6,w3c48d/

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

I use a Cryorig M9a on my 2600 (not a x) inside a itx case and it is so quiet I do not even know my system is running (of course I have the case on the floor and not on the desk next me like so many people do).

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

perfect!

Another option for $3/$5 more + whisper quiet ops: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TsL7YJ/thermalright-cpu-cooler-machodirect (providing it fits your case and doesn't impede RAM modules).

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

What kind of thermal paste do you recommend?

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

You shouldn't need to buy any extra (a small syringe or packet of paste should come with the cooler)

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

Be quiet pure rock slim, quiet and efficient

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

I ended up getting the Cooler Master Hyper 212 black edition. It's SO much better than the stock cooler! Thank you everyone for your input. I hope I applied the thermal paste correctly. I just put a pea sized amount in the middle of the CPU and then pressed down the heat sink and screwed it into place. I'm nervous that it didn't spread out enough or that I didn't use the right amount. Is this easy to mess up?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube