add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Changing switches

Erdokken

2 months ago

My current keyboard has outemu red switches which are nice but I want to switch them out for some kailh bronze switches. I can remove and change my switches but would there be any compatibility issues or would I be able to put any switch in my keyboard?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

what keyboard do you use?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Wouldn’t matter because he can desolder.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Just because they can remove the keys, doesn't mean they are going to desolder them

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

? Can you phrase that better? What do you mean remove the keys? Hotswappable?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

yes

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you saying that he might not need to desolder in order to change switches if he has a hotswappable ? That’s true.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I use the Redragon K582 SURARA

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have a hotswappable keyboard than you won’t need to desolder. Pull out the old switch, plug in a new one. If you don’t, as long as the switch footprint is the same you can desolder and resolder.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I assume I have a hotswappable keyboard since I have this little metal tool similar to a key cap puller and the switches come out with just a little bit of force when pulling them with the tool.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube