add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replace or attempt to Repair?

romanvalkre

3 months ago

I have a MS Surface Pro 4, that I managed to drop onto a concrete floor. While there was minimal damage to the screen (not none), the system now will run fine for a while then the graphics start to jiggle up and down really fast. The longer the system is running the worse the effect gets, also the colder the ambient temp the longer it takes to start to jiggle. I figure I have knocked a heat sink off of the graphics chip (CPU temp stays fine). Is this worth attempting to fix, or should I just replace.

If replace any ideas on what to replace it with? I want better graphics performance than it has, something that could play World of Warships would be nice, but I can't spend more than 6 or 7 hundred on it.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Replace with one of these Dell Inspiron 13 2in1 Lenovo Yoga 730

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube