add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[Request] Updated Price Trend graphs for Memory

EGardner

7 days ago

Just looking through the price trend graphs, and I note that out of 18 price trend graphs, 14 are for DDR3, and 7 are for 8Gb total.

While admittedly I am not an expert on industry trends, to me it looks like we are moving into an era where virtually all new builds are going to be using DDR4, and 16Gb builds are much more common. Additionally, 32Gb builds are going to be starting to appear.

Would it be possible to get price trend graphs for the following:

• DDR4-3200 288-pin DIMM 2x8GB
  • DDR4-3200 288-pin DIMM 4x8GB
  • DDR4-3200 288-pin DIMM 2x16GB

Along the same lines, inserting a divider lines to separate the sections for the 240-pin, 288-pin, and 204-pin might be useful. Then people could still scan down the list of graphs to see overall trends, but there would be a clear dividing line to show where things switch.

Thank you.

Comments

• 7 days ago
  • 3 points

Absolutely, I'll bring this up with the team today. That page is definitely out of date.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

• 1 day ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the update. Looks good!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube