add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Spilled liquid on laptop keyboard.

strauts6

2 months ago

HP pavilion 15-n072sy got spilled with some beer and now some keys are not working. Do I just buy a new keyboard and replace it, or is it something else thats fried there?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Take apart the computer ASAP, make sure beer didn't get anywhere else, and then get a replacement keyboard from HP or off ebay

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That was like a month ago, was just some drops, and the keyboard stopped working a few days later. So im not sure if i just need the keyboard or something on mb got damaged.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

take out the keyboard and make sure

• 2 months ago
  • 0 points

Sorry to hear that man, you can buy a separate keyboard from the laptop and use that. I don't think you can replace it since it's built into the laptop.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

They wouldn't sell replacement keyboard if they wouldn't be replaceable.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm saying you can buy a keyboard like let's say this PCPartPicker Part List nice and small looking to be used instead of your laptop keyboard.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I know, had a spare keyboard. But i want to repair it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube