add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The iPhone is affordable again!

waj287

7 days ago

https://www.apple.com/iphone-11/

Apple made a smart decision for once.

I don't know if I'll get it.

Comments

• 7 days ago
  • 8 points
  • 7 days ago
  • 2 points

oh god no please no stop no

• 7 days ago
  • 5 points

If an Apple product comes in a fuckton of colors, that usually means it isn't as overpriced as usual

• 7 days ago
  • 3 points

The best thing I got from all the hype over the new iPhone was price cuts on the previous gen devices.

• 7 days ago
  • 2 points

It's honestly surprising, especially coming a few months after they made a $1000 cheese grater monitor stand.

• 7 days ago
  • 3 points

On the website, its 850 unlocked and sim-free. If eight hundred and fifty dollars is called "affordable" then I don't want to know what the other ones costed.

• 6 days ago
  • 5 points

The iPhone 11 is $699 unlocked and sim-free, 64GB model. Still a stretch to call it "affordable" but significantly cheaper than lot's of past pricing, and what you listed here. Idk where 850 came from.

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

I assume he meant $850 CAD.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

So did I, except I went to the CA site and it was $979 CAD.

/shrug

edit just realized, the 256GB model is $850 USD. I can only imagine that is what they meant. But that's intentionally misleading, to use the highest priced configuration.

• 5 days ago
  • 2 points

yeah I used the 256 and looking back it is misleading. That wasn't my intention, sorry.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I didn't look myself sooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :P

Agree, it is misleading.

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

Same as last year, $999 and $1099 respectively, although it is $1379 and $1519 in Canadian rupees.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Canadians use Canadian dollars, arn't rupees from India?

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

It was a joke from a linus video.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Ah. I don't watch Linus so I didn't catch that

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah you still can't convince me to buy an apple product. Especially when I can build a rather decent gaming PC for the price the last model was selling here in Canada. Hell even my sister's gaming PC costed less AFTER our 13% tax and shipping costs.

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

I wasn't trying to convince anyone to by that phone, but frankly, I would choose that phone no less than say a galaxy Note10+ or really anything that costs over 1K, sure the note is better value but it's still way more than what I need.

Plus I've never built a PC before (let alone use one in a long time) and I would absolutely put that money to buy the parts for one, so I agree with your second statement.

• 7 days ago
  • 2 points

I've always liked Samsung but I've always been open to apple, whats always stopped me has been how money hungry they are not just the phones but the accessories are ridiculous, I'm glad they lowered the price, I'll definitely consider it more than in the past.

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

Considering the entry cost and the trade-in offerings, I might consider an upgrade. Been sporting this iPhone 7 since late 2016. It does fine though. Battery life could be better.

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

Same here. Had to replace it once due to a logic board failure but it is definitely still serviceable.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Frankly my only problem with it is that the battery gets slaughtered if I play a game (like GearsPOP lol) on it. Otherwise it is totally solid. My screen protector needs replacing, its all scratched up, but everything else is fine.

I'm pretty stingy so I'm probably going to research the 11, oogle the hell out of it, talk a lot about being interested in upgrading, and then keep on plugging along with what I have. Just like I do every time new GPUs come out lol.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

Laughs in iPhone SE

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

iPhone SE is terrible. I have one and it lags in games worse than an iPhone 5S. Also, it has terrible battery capacity. It runs out very quickly. Finally, it is way too small. 0/10 recommend, would rather buy something by Samsung, Huawei, LG, OnePlus, etc. Even Razer Phone is better.

I hope the iPhone 11 will be better.

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

Finally, it is way too small.

That was the whole point of the SE... it was for people who liked the older, smaller phones.

I hope the iPhone 11 will be better.

Every phone since the SE has been better lol, it was released in 2016. They've upgraded their CPU four times since then.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Hope the iPhone 11 will be better.

I dont have a $1,000 budget on a phone to scroll instagram, text, and listen to spotify with.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

One day, they'll make the Mac Pro affordable as well.

One day.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

699! That is pretty expensive for most folks! But not as much as previous generations, the last iphone i had was the 6s? and it was free with my previous plan and i jailbroke the living f... out of that phone because to me it seemed like iphones were only used for downloading the few curated apps apple allows in their app store.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

You know running out of stuff to add if theres a fuckton of colors. Also I hate how they dont have it in silver. Now its white. And no gold, which is yellow. no spacegray either. But purple looks kinda cool.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

yawn ....... why bother they are far worse in spying than any other

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube