add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pc Takes long time to POST after CPU upgrade?

Retro_R

5 months ago

Hey, I've recently gotten a 3800x and put it into my crosshair vi hero because it says its compatible with the new bios (which I did update to before hand), but I've been noticing something strange. It takes a long time for it to Post/show an image on screen. Also during the boot up process, sometimes the cpu fan stops spinning (video of bootup: https://youtu.be/k-lLeRSB-IA) It takes about 45 seconds from when I press the power button to when an image shows up on screen. It used to be shorter with my 2600x. Is there any reason that this is happening? How can I stop it? Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Are the x370 board just slow to post (although near the end of having my 2600x in my system it did start to take a while to post, although I don't think it was as long as the 3800x) build can be found in my profile, the only change being the 3800x.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems like this issue (slow post times) is pretty common among Ryzen 3000s on various mobos.

I'm assuming you've already tried clear CMOS?

And also for good measure, have you re-seated your 2x RAM sticks?

And what are your bios settings showing in the Boot Menu?

• Fast Boot:

• Next Boot after AC Power Loss:

• Boot Logo Display:

• Post Delay Time:

• Post Report:

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm assuming you've already tried clear CMOS?

Yes. There was no uplift

And what are your bios settings showing in the Boot Menu?

I don't know where those would be in my bios

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube