add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build troubles

YimmiY
  • 5 months ago

Hey guys, Currently doing my first PC build and have run into a headache of trouble.

Here's my specs first: Motherboard:MSI B450 Bazooka  plus CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Ram: Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000 GPU: MSI RX580 8gb PSU: corsair vs550 Fans: 3 x thermaltake 120mm  SSD: Samsung 500gb

I first did the build a couple months ago and ran into a problem when trying to install windows, but every time I got into the install the screen would go black and CPU debug light would come on. After numerous hours on the MSI forum trying to get help with different bios versions, plus taking my PC to two different shops who both said motherboard was faulty. I sent all the parts I bought back to the shop that I bought them from, after alot of back and fourth they sent my board back to MSI for testing and after 6 weeks MSI sent me back a new board, the shop also replaced my ram as it was suspect in their testing.

Fast forward to this week as I have received all parts back and have rebuilt the PC and now I'm having the exact same problem. The PC posts fine, I can get into the bios for as long as I want and **** around, but as soon as I enter the windows install off my USB (which is an official windows key that I bought to make sure it wasn't a dud boot drive I made), after around 1 minute the screen goes black and the cpu debug light comes on again.

I have double checked the cpu pins and they are all fine, have checked every cable 1,000 times, I even went and bought a coolermaster CPU cooler in case the amd stock one was causing issue.

All the basic parts are currently together out of the case on a box and still can't get it to work.

Can a CPU be dud with no noticeable physical damage? Why would MSI send me a new board if there was nothing wrong with it, plus the ship sending me new ram?

Have also been researching ram as mine isn't on the compatibility list.

If anyone can solve this I'll give you the biggest internet hug known to man.

I'm gonna go play some borderlands 3 to vent.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube