add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Masty
  • 5 months ago

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/X9MZxr

Hi all, sorry if this is not allowed.

My system is a number of years old and has started to develop a few problems. Notably it was randomly black screening while gaming however the music would continue to play, I would have to hard reset it to get going again. I assumed it was the power supply finally giving up so bought a new one (on the build) but hasnt completely stopped that issue though much less common now. Recently though it has been doing weird stuff - the keyboard (G15) was frequently unresponsive and worked a bit when i turned the back lights off but got worse and worse so got a new one. It has also not been hassle free though and after upgrading all the drivers etc my mouse (G502) started becoming unresponsive... Then when trying to update the firmware and drivers again i got the BSOD related to the LGbusEnum driver problem. It seems stable now however mouse is unresponsive when i load up a game! Would i be right in thinking the mobo is failing and causing most issues? Any advice on an upgrade here? I am going to USA in a month so was going to pick up some tech. Would it be worthwhile saving the chip or would that restrict the available mobo's too much? I dont game heavily anymore but i would like something that is going to be stable and useable!

many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

have you reinstalled windows?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello, is your keyboard an Logitech? If so, try re installing the drivers. The LBbusEnum bsod might be caused by incorrect installment of drivers. If this doesn't work, try getting a different type of keyboard and mouse, and see if that was the problem.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

My CPU is from the same generation and I am still working fine, never had a problem. :-\

If the problem WAS initially your power supply, then it could have "eaten" all kinds of components, and without having spares just lying around that you can throw in and test with it can be impossible to diagnose. (Power issues are the absolute worst which is why I am so adamant about high end power supplies!)

If you only blank out while gaming, then that should mean it only happens when the computer is under a heavy load. Try a CPU benchmark and see if you have similar problems. (Prime95 or some such). Watch your CPU temp under load via HWMonitor (made by CPUID). If your package temp is >80 then your problem might just be temperature related. If you have no issues at all, then try a GPU test and see if you have issues. If you do, then maybe the PSU ate your GPU :*(. To prove that one way or another, take out the GPU and lower your game down to very low graphics settings and just use the integrated CPU graphics. If you have no problems with that, then it seems like the PCI slot or maybe GPU is the issue.

Also consider replacing the MOBO with a used one if you continue to have random issues. You just need an 1155 chipset MOBO. Those can still be had new around the $100 (USD) mark.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont think your going to find a new board for that.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I checked newegg before I posted that, so...

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I would check the temps under load, check the health of your SSD, and from their reinstall windows and all drivers.

I think the reinstall will fix it if not your board is probably going bad.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

ok i have ordered some paste, i will plan to do a clean install shortly. I did run a HD check and got the following:

https://imgur.com/a/jTEMM41

apparently my HD is performing fusion down there.... I think i read somewhere a failing drive can cause wider system issues even though this is not the drive i have the OS on so it could be the culprit all along?

The mouse issue seems to have been fixed by advice found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/b13epc/how_do_firmware_updates_work_in_g_hub/ex1fxi2/

the new Logitech software does not update firmware and my mouse was stuck in a loop of needing a firmware update. Had to go find the older style up to date software package and use it to update the firmware - works in game now and not freezing with system notification popups.

I'll try a prime run soon and see does it die, havent played anything with significant load in a while. If best case scenario there are no issues with CPU or GPU what would you all recommend i upgrade first? I dont have a huge pile of money to spend and don't need a top of the range GPU anymore but would like to be able to play at a decent res for a few years still.

cheers

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Ran Prime for over an hour with max CPU 72oC, ran Furmark for about 30min and GPU max was 83oC stable

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube