add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 Won’t Install on New PC

WingnutsWorld

5 months ago

I have assembled my pc but keep getting a Windows 10 compatibility error when trying to install the OS. Could it be a bios setting?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

pcpartpicker

Thanks, Wingnut

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m still at a loss here. I have tried everything I have found in regards to the error code, still haven’t had any luck.

Should I break the computer down and just try installing windows with just the cpu, mb, and memory installed?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

No. The issue is one of two things:

1. Bad install media. If you have a USB thumb drive around of at least 8GB (I think) you can use the Microsoft Creation Tool and make your own Windows Installation drive. I would try this first as the old USB Windows thumb drive you got more then likely has an older version of Window 10 on it.

2. Your SSD. You can try and format the SSD, or delete the already formatted section of the SSD during the Windows installation, just pick custom installation and this option will come up. If all else fails plug your SSD to another PC and update the firmware.

3. also note that if you have enabled the XMP profile for your RAM, disable it. Sometime RAM speeds can cause problems when trying to install Windows.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

SOLVED

The Z390 AORUS Master motherboard came with bios version F7 installed. In order for the 9th gen cpu, and Windows 10, to not give a Windows compatibility error, the bios needed to be flashed to version F10b.

If anyone runs into this problem, make sure they flash the bios prior to Windows installation.

Thank you to those that helped me figure this out.

Wingnut

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

No, 64

I didn’t flash the bios, I just went directly to installing 10. I did have a problem with the mouse and keyboard (they stopped responding during the setup) but I made a change and think I have that fixed. I have never had problems like this before.

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Blue Screen and a 0x00000133 bug check code.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube