add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC built, won’t display on monitor

CrazyNewb
  • 5 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kDpMfH

New to this world. Just built my PC, made sure all the plugs were in the right spots with my MB manual, and verified they were plugged in all the way. The mother board indicates no errors from the “EZ DEBUG LED”. The fans are all on except for a fan directly on the MB, but I assume that is because it’s not at that temperature? I did see the debug lights flash on the MB, and my keyboard is getting power from it so I don’t assume that the MB power is the problem.

I connected to my MB with an HDMI cable

Please help!

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

try Displayport. may be defective

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I connected to my MB with an HDMI cable

You need to be connected to the video card not the motherboard. Your motherboard has no built in graphics so that will never work.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube