add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Black screen,uknown issue..

Kovus

5 months ago

So I have built a pc few weeks ago and everything was running smooth until 2 days ago my screen turned black and after few sec my pc restarts and everything seems to be ok. Ive checked temps and everything seems to be fine. This is 3rd time that this happened and I want answers.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

.....and I want answers.

Yes Master!! lol... You're allowed to make such demands, these types of problems and the bundled frustration that goes with them earns everyone a license to charge

If the temps are fine and the system was working smoothly, I suspect there's a loose connection somewhere.

Try removing and reinstalling/connecting the following on mobo:

1. RAM

2. GPU and GPU power connectors (you'll want to check the other end too, on the PSU side)

3. ATX 24-pin power connector (you'll want to check the other end too, on the PSU side)

4. EPS (CPU) 8-pin power connector (you'll want to check the other end too, on the PSU side)

5. CPU fan connector. Make sure you're connected to the "CPU_FAN1" header

Other possibilities:

If you're are using an extension lead, drop it and connect directly to the wall socket

If nothing works, at this point you might want to consider "CMOS reset" (referring to the mobo manual)

Also it would be a good idea to post up your parts list. Primary thought here is whether the PSU is delivering sufficient wattage against system demands.

(take your time - if none of the above does the job, think of the positives - you'll have ironed out a fair number of possibilities to narrow down the search)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Its Ryzen 5 2600 B450 Gaming Plus 16 gb Corsair Vegenance 3000mhz Xfx Rx 580 Corsair rmx 550 w. I will do as you say and will give you an update. Its just strange issue bcs it happened randomly so Im confused anyway ty for replying.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If you make sure nothing is loose at all, you could take it to your local best buy and have them test the PSU to make sure that it is providing the correct voltages and detect any irregularities if they present themselves.

Also are you doing any specific activity/running a program when the computer just restarts?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

So its been a few days and I did what you suggested and everything seems fine now. One cpu cable was a bit loose ond psu side(only thing I've noticed) besides thst everything seemed fine. Ty for helping.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Uh... file corruption?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Whst do you mean? Windows 10 didnt install properly or?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If you didnt mess round, meh

Or maybe your monitor is kinda used/crab?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube