add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Boot Manager Gone After Bios Update...Windows wont boot from NVME drive

MrKennedy
  • 5 months ago

Hey all,

I'm at my wits end here with this issue. If any extra details are needed I'm happy to offer them just not sure what to do.

• x570 Master board, updated to F6 bios released earlier this month using the @bios function. Bios seems to have updated fine, but will not boot from the NVME drive.

• The drive is detected by the bios but just will not boot anything. I tried booting from an original ssd drive that the NVME drive was cloned from (SamSung 840 500 gigSSD) and it works. When I'm in windows the NVME drive is visible and even accessible.

-In the boot options in the BIOS i have the NVME Drive, the samsung ssd, an older HDD for storage, the samsung ssd boot manager, and the intel NVME boot manager, but when i try to choose a boot device at start up the intel boot manager is missing and when i choose the intel NVME it just fails and i get the message to choose a boot device.

-I tried clearing the CMOS and it didn't work.

Any help is appreciated THANK YOU!

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

try seeing if you can move a file to and from the drive if that works and it moves back and forth i dont know

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If this is Windows 10, disable all hard drives or remove them and repair the drive by restoring to a good know restore point. If that doesn't work, plug in the Windows 10 install media, and attempt to repair the start up issue.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks for the reply.

I was able to fix it not to longer after by simply removing the original SSD again. While its only a partial fix, I realized the issue was that with the sata SSD plugged in the BIOS was booting with CMS enabled (not sure what it stands for, but its for legacy hdd and things like that) with the SSD plugged in CMS was just chronically enabling itself and stopping me from booting from the NVME.

Since removing the SSD i can keep CMS off and boot from the NVME drive. I would like to get some data currently on the SSD but it seems like will be hassle at this point so I will make a project out of it at a later date.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Enable legacy boot, check the secure boot, switch that to Windows, then save and restart. That happened to me a few times after either a BIOS update or loading optimized defaults.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply! I explained in another comment how I finally got it working.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube