add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC Won't Boot With Additional Ram

Lopideon

4 months ago

So my fiancee recieved 4x 8GB Patriot Viper RAM sticks from his father not too long ago. When we try to use more than one stick of the RAM in the RAM slots, the computer cannot boot for some reason unbeknownst to us. We are genuinely confused as to the cause of this, because the motherboard is supposed to run up to 64 GB of RAM. We're not the most experienced, but generally have a good idea what's going on, though this scenario has us beat. Thoughts? Any help is appreciated.

Intel Core i5-8500 Desktop Processor 6 Core up to 4.1GHz Turbo LGA1151 300 Series 65W

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair CS55oM 550W ATX Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular Design, (4+4)pin EPS

Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

GTX 1060 Graphics Card

2x Simple Air Fans, IDK the brand, but I doubt they'll be determined the cause...

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If applicable,
Update the mobo BIOS.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

what bios version are you currently running on the mobo?

have you tried clearing CMOS yet and setting BIOS to default settings?

which specific patriot viper RAM are you using (part #)?

what RAM did you have in it before?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube